View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bayliss

I definitely agree that when I got mad, stressed, angry, emotional - whatever, I drank to numb those feelings. I don't know. I just did everything at night with booze. Watched movies, tv shows, always cooked with a glass of wine in hand, played video games. I wouldn't shut up and ramble on and on an on...and now without booze I sit there and stare at the tv and fight cravings and my boyfriend keeps asking me what's wrong and why I'm so quiet and it's because all I want is booze and I am anxious, annoyed and bored.
I know that eventually - with time - I will get back to normal. I mean, I remember before alcohol all the things that I did and was totally fine and enjoyed life. Now I feel like I will never get back to normal (like you Balerie) and that life will suck...
I really know that this isn't the case. This is just how I am feeling at the moment.
I just hate when it gets dark and I am just sitting there...I guess I really should just sit there with my feelings because as worse as I feel at the moment, I know it can get better...

Instead of sitting around at the house and doing nothing...I am going to try and start going to the gym next week right after dinner (since when 5pm rolls around, I get totally antsy) so this way I can make dinner, eat, get ready and hit the gym and get rid of my stress and anxiety that way...than by the time I get back home it will be too late to do anything and I will be too pooped from working out that I will just head off to bed....

Last night was just boring and there was a lot of anxiety there...
Do feelings like this get worse the longer you drink?
I was just curious what people went through when they drank for 2/10/20+ years...if the feelings of boredom get worse...