View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lookinforward
Editor

Bayliss and all. I was were you are at one time. I couldnt fathom doing anything without my beer. Hell I avoided stuff I use to like to do in the beginning of my recovery. I didnt think it would be as fun without the beer. Everything was boring. That was one of my downfalls everytime. I want to live a little. I finally figured out that I had wasted a lot of time over the years wanting to live a little(crappy excuse). The drinking had turned me into one of those zombies you see on tv. Aimlessly doing the same things over and over. Walking in circles and only envisioning my next beer.
After I quit it was hard. I didnt see the light. Then it hit me......I can do what ever the hell I want. I am not restricted to my old way of thinking. There are basically no boundaries within the legal limits of the law. Think of something that you have always wanted to do and set it into plan. Will it happen over night....Depends it you want to climb the Andes mountains or sleep on the beach or whatever. You are the only one holding yourself back. Anything is possible in sobriety. No more excuses for me. Gotta run. It is time to do some living.
Dave