View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zbear23

Originally Posted by Windytown4 View Post
you are right! I can think all I want
must act
somehow
Windy....sounds like reindeer games to me. I think you need a solid plan. Stop jumping around to all the different things you could do, and do SOMETHING. and stick with it.

Pot was my DOC for nearly 30 years....I woke up with it and went to sleep with it. I've been clean and sober now for almost 20 years, and I've never been to a MA meeting....don't even know where to find one.

But I've been to thousands of AA and NA meetings: why? because I'm an addictl Being addicted to pot doesn't make me special or unique. The same 12 step program as AA and NA definitely works....but ENOUGH with the excuses already

Do you have a sponsor? For me this was the person who always told it like it was. No rationalizations or excuses. No sugar coating anything. I'm an addict and my entire life has been focused on feeling good no matter what the consequences. Recovery required me to delay gratification in favor of continuing sobriety.

First thing: I needed to stop lying to myself. My sponsor loved me enough to tell me the truth, and it really did set me free.

blessings
zb