View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Windytown4

update on me- so I am still totally using and thinking of how much I want to quit every day. I feel like I did have a good realization last week when I was able to see the addiction as a seperate thing from the drug. It makes it easier in my mind to say no to and move away from the addiction- because I have such a tricky relationship with the drug (weed) itself. At one time it felt like such an ally in my life and thuogh no it absolutely does not serve I still have a hard time thinking of it as a bad thing.

I think I would really benifit from connecting with other people quitting or having had quit weed specifically. I have been trying to go to an online MA meeting but my computer is not connecting to it- something about needing to update or install Java which I don't even know what that is - but my computer is newish so I can see that I may need to install soem things.
Then I would really like to start with some online MA meetings.
I keep thinking about attending a local NA meeting but am not sure it is right for me. Also keep thinking about finding a therapist but still no go.

I am not sure if it would help me to get a therapist and go to a meeting and go to an online MA meeting beforew I try to quit again, or if it is all the same.
Everyone talks about having a support system set up for when I quit but I can't quite figure out what that would be for me. I will keep you guys posted- I do feel like I am going to go for it one of these days soon as I think about quitting every day.