Thread: Where to begin?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wildcat Woman

The next step

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. How do I find an NA group? I will need lots of resources since I CAN NOT tell my family or friends. That would make all of the problems WAY worse. I am not to the bottom yet, I want to climb out in a way that no one's memorys can place me back down. I have to remain strong. Does anyone know about NA meetings or other contacts in the Lexington, KY area? I have all the time in the world since I am unemployed and can not find a job that I can take since currently my search criteria includes no drug test and enough money to support my habit. I want to change this. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I must stand on my own, I have my babies (2 cats & 1 dog) to keep me motivated. They are my entire reason for kepping on and the same reason I can not let my family and friends know about this problem. If they find out, I will be sent to rehab, lose my home, take my parents last money so their $ troubles WILL lead to a divorce and no retirement for my mom. I can not let my babies down. They are like my children and I have to take care of them here. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? I fell very alone, but your support has helped me. jpc2505, I am sending you a mental hug. It is so hard to step away from not only drugs, but your entire social life and basically who you are. I hope that you can find a way to make a better new life for yourself. You have lots of courage. I don't know how to leave everything behind yet.