View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

tays in intensive outpatient, he can stay also.
I would strongly suggest NOT. From inpatient, he should go to a Sober Living House. Sounds to me like he never really learned his first or 2nd or whatever time around how TO LIVE SOBER. This will come about for him in a SLH.

Your support of him is to TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR CHILD. This is HIS PROBLEM, and only HE CAN FIX IT. I know from personal experience, been there, done that, and have been in continuous recovery for over 30 years now, from alcohol and drugs, and over 27 years working on my codependency issues, lol

Check with Social Services to see what assistance is available to you with a young child, school and work, plus he will have to pay support.

All of the above is based on my only personal experiences 'working with others' for over 30 years now. I can tell you if that were my child there is NO WAY I would let him back into the home. He ENDANGERED your 2 1/2 yr old.

His ACTIONS, over time will tell you more than his words.

Find yourself, some Naranon or Alanon meetings for YOU. I realize your time is limited so please feel free to come post here 24/7 whenever you need to.

Love and hugs,