View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WhereDidHeGo

Unhappy So angry! (new here)

So about 4 years ago I met an amazing man. He was funny, social, in shape, motivated, and perfect for me. We had a whirlwind romance, and I ended up pregnant six months later with our now 2 1/2 year old daughter. Only then did he tell me he was in recovery. He had been clean for a year but had charges pending, which we stuck together through. It was hard for me to believe he had ever been an addict, as he was so responsible and clean cut, and strong. Our relationship blossomed at he was a great dad. When he asked me to marry him I was estatic. We were married one year ago and it was the best day of my life. Today, I dropped my husband off at rehab. The past six months have been he'll, as I live with a stranger. He uses painkillers, try's to come off them with Xanax, and does this over and over again. He lies, sneaks around, and has neglected the two things in his life that mattered the most, my daughter and myself. Thursday, I found a heroine in my daughters bathroom after my once prince charming was in there. We fought, he hit me, and left. Today was the first day I saw him since, and i had a hard time being supportive. I know for his best chance at getting healthy I should support him, but I am so mad! I am 25, work full time, go to school, and am raising our daughter basically alone. I want him to get better, and I want my husband back. How do I move forward and let go of the anger? what should I expect when he comes home?