View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bayliss

Dee -- I know it isn't my responsiblity -- it is nice to hear others say that as well...because no one else here says it (no family where I am -- or near me, I mean).
Is it possible for me to move out? Of course...there are two options. I move out and my boyfriend stays here...tricky to say who gets what...as we have been together for 5 years...moved out of my parents with nothing -- same with him and bought everything together....that's just a technicality...
or 2) he comes with me and we rent (as much as he doesn't want to) and than I feel the wrath of his Mom and other family members for "putting [his] Mom through this"....trust me...it happened before. We moved here for ONE year to save up money and have been here for 3...and once I said we were going to move out and I got reamed out by his siblings...can you imagine how I felt at the time? That was almost 2 years ago...I drank an entire bottle of red that night crying...bombarded with text messages from them...that's when it became worse...
A little long -- I am just trying to get you to understand my situation and to see if you have any advice on how I can go about this...

CaiHong -- thank you. I completely understand what you're saying. As I said before, this has been on my mind more and more...
I think I might just have a problem with boundaries...even though I can be tough - a "b*&ch" to some...I just can't stand up for myself when it comes to my bf's family because I want him to never think different or something of me. Does that make sense?
You are totally right though, my sobriety is paramount...
I can either move out and get better...or stay and live here for another 3 years or something and who knows.

You guys ultimately are all right...I just don't know how to go about it. I don't want to make anyone upset. But at the end of the day, I can't please everyone...and I gotta focus on myself...right?