View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bayliss

Living Situation...

I was wondering if anyone had to "remove" themselves from a place of living to get their sobriety?
I mean...I have read in many books that some people need to end relationships, their jobs, or where they live to be able to attain sobriety.

I guess what I am saying is that sometimes things happen where I live where all I want to do is grab my wallet and buy a glass of wine to forget the dramatics. My living situation is a bit unique...and I am obviously not thinking of myself too often -- always paranoid that I will upset someone or something...
I live with my boyfriend in his Mom's houses basement...things are getting a little out of hand lately with his family -- lots of arguments and such and I feel like I can't handle the stress of it...sometimes they will blame me for my boyfriend's decision or read into my comments too much...
Apparently we aren't able to move because if we do than she will have to move out of the house (she lives on our rent money).

I know I need to keep strong...I was just wondering if anyone was in this situation and what they did to keep going on being sober...there definitely are different ways of coping with stress and such - I realize...but I also hear a lot of times that people need to just GO and be away from that negative stuff...