View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tigger41

Hi MO3B - 7 days is wonderful! Congratulations. It gets easier and harder - but you will get though it. I finally came here when I started sneaking drinks (run in the plastic cup while I sat with my girls waiting for them to fall asleep) etc.

How will it be worth it? Well sometimes it feels like it's not and it's a tough time you have to get through. but then on the other side is some pretty cool stuff. I never would have guessed that I would have been riding a Razor scooter at a county park on New Years Day and be enjoying it. My 10 year old twins thought it was great that I was there spending time with them and I was enjoying it also. It's those times that I have to remind myself that if I was still drinking I probably would not have felt good enough to do it.

And really it's the nightly relief of not having to sneak drinks, think about when I'm going to get another one in, not think about "did I tuck that wine bottle deep enough into the recyclable bin etc" It's that stress that's gone in my life. I'm at 60 days and I have to remind myself that it was a nightly stress.

I wish I was like others too and could drink only now and then but I can't so now I want to be one of those Moms who stops drinking so other Moms can look at me and think "wow I wish I could stop drinking like her"

Hang in there - I hope the movie was good. I had to see the Chipmunk movie (God awful) with my girls but got to see Sherlock with my son (which was pretty good).

Hang in there - it gets easier - by day 30 or so I didn't think about drinking every hour and now go for long stretches of time without thinking about it.

Also now the Holidays are over (thank God) and all the drinking pressure should back off.

Hug those little men of yours
Terri