Old 01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Scolova
dude in recovery

That's a wonderful start and 12 days is quite an accomplishment, for me anything over three days used to be a miracle. Now I'm just over 100 days I can tell you that the hell of withdrawal is mostly over, I can go to sleep much easier than in the first two months and insomnia was one of my main reasons for drinking so much in the first place. The other being anxiety, social phobia and agoraphobia, which is clearing up very well (one day at a time); I posted elsewhere that back in mid December I was able to sit down in a restaurant alone and eat, the restaurant was not very busy but it was busy enough to wear in the past I would've felt very uncomfortable and would've had to walk outside several times due to the anxiety. I wish you the best to stay strong, stick with it, stay sober and you will not have to go through this again.

Edit to add: I have one of those things I say as well, when I started driving again and I went through an intersection without panic setting in I would say "WINNING" as Charlie sheen would say. For some reason saying that just as he said it, made me smile and think of something else, kind of a weird irony thing.