Thread: Thanks
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberjim

Thanks

To Everyone who posts here provides their experience and support,

I joined November 15th, not realizing the full extend of my problem. I now know I have a bigger challenge than I originally thought - thanks to reading the experiences of others. Many of those who have been sober for a long time have worked through a great many difficulties, and I appreciate their honesty and sharing of their personal experiences.

I really believe if I had not found this site I would have gone on not realizing the full extend of my problem and how much worse it could get. The slope is a great deal more slippery than I imagined.

Many post deal about how people are actively dealing with their problem such as AA, AVRT, ect. I have gained so much knowledge in the past month and a half about various technics.

Honestly, I am both more scared and hopeful than I was than 1.5 months ago. I have had some success and some failures. I started reading 'How to stop drinking' by Alan Carr. I know realize I have to give up thinking I can control alcohol in any amount. This will only lead to failure as so many have written.

My hope comes from reading about those who have put alcohol behind them and have reached milestones such as 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, and are in a much better place as a result.

So thank you everyone. I know I can make it. I know I want to make it.

Have a safe, sober, and enjoyable New Years. May 2012 be kind to each and everyone of you.

Jim