View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
strengthtobeone

I also have MAJOR issues with believing that I am really going to "save" him. I walk a fine line here, folks, I think this may be crappy codependent, bad recovery territory...
Maybe others can relate to this: He has never loved anyone, which tells me he has never loved himself.
I loved others, but am only just learning to love myself. So the whole loving myself thing is very new. And those people that I "loved"? Well, I haven't formed much of an opinion on that yet, except that it wasn't the love that my HP is helping me learn for myself.
I truly believe that he and I both gain knowledge and self-love by this whole relationship thing we have been going through. AND I keep thinking (thinking bad, grasshopper!), that in loving him unconditionally the same way I am learning to love myself unconditionally, I really learn what all that means. It means I can express myself honestly and respectfully without worrying about outcomes. I have done no contact, and have been ready to walk away from him, but I just haven't been done with him and the relationship. I don't know if he will ever "get" it that I just love him as he is, and in the end it doesn't really matter because I am going to take care of myself and my kids and my doggie first and foremost. We have been through all this and I am totally good with him being around when he is good and having alone time when he ain't but I just want him to come back to me. I like my alone time, too, ya know. But oh, that saving thing. I am really just admitting that to myself...
So guess what, he said he loved me and my kids but I just love me a hot mess! I still don't think enough of myself to expect better treatment. It is just hard to know what to expect with an alcoholic, except craziness, all the time...

DONT DO THIS TO YOURSELF AND YOUR KIDS!!!!

I am so angry with myself and him and I am so emotional. And I really don't want to reply to his text but it is just business matters. But it still hurts.