View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bayliss

I am not sure which books I said I got.
I did buy the Allan Carr one -- which I really hoped would help a bit but kinda didn't. I might have to re-read it.
I bought Sober Recovery, which I am still working on and just finished Under the Influence. Which scared me a bit when I first began reading it...and I ignored it to just drink! Imagine that!
I did finish it yesterday.
I skipped the whole "friends and family" section of it, as it didn't really pertain to me or interest me as to "how to approach" an alcoholic.
But everything about what the booze did physiologically and psychologically, scared me.

Thanks guys. I really hope to hit this one out of the park. I have quit so many times in the past to no avail. There may be relapses, but I am not thinking about that right now.
And to be honest, I am more optimistic this time. If I do fall off the wagon, I am going to try and not have that all or nothing approach. I will just start over again the next day.
One day soon I will be 3 days sober, 7 days, 18 days...so on...
I am excited for it. Scared, but excited.

Not only do I owe this to myself...but I owe it to a lot of other people. All the ones that have helped me along the way here on SR, my boyfriend and my family, my cat.
Especially my parents - they gave me this life.
I am sure them watching me throw it away doesn't feel too good. I need to make them proud.