View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bayliss

Langkah, that sounded a little harsh...
I am working on it...does that last post say anything about me drinking so far today or yesterday? No.
I am merely expressing how I feel and how I have felt in the past.

Thanks Artemis and Jocata for your posts.
I will definitely get in touch with that girl I met...the last time I talked to her we made plans to go for coffee but I bailed at the last minute because I was too afraid. I guess I never really talked to someone about my alcoholism face to face like that and it scared the crap out of me. Maybe it's time to do that - lay it all out there and get the support that everyone says I need and not try to do this myself.
I definitely don't want to wake up 20 years from now and realize that my life just passed me by so quickly. It is true. A lot of big decisions are coming up. I can't be drunk while deciding or I will not only be miserable because of the drinking that I constantly do (IF I do in the future, lol, which I won't be!) but the wrong decisions I made at the time.
It is true. The last year - as the drinking became heavier and heavier, it has just become a blur.
I don't want the rest to be a blur...
And Jocata - what you also said about praying...and maybe one day helping others that are in my position...that resounded with me.
It is true. I can be a lot more than this booze. It just stops me from being beyond happy, taking care of myself and others as well.

Hopefully these cravings go away soon! I hate them. Lol. I can't imagine anyone likes them anyways.
Hope everyone is doing well today.