View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

You know I was just thinking about this again today. I've been trying to explain to people how hard it is to get out of bed and they think I'm a loon and completely lazy. I've always seen the "may cause drowsiness" warning label on the pills but always brushed it off...well, I always used to brush off the "don't drink with alcohol" warning too, what can I say. lol But today I was thinking about how I used to be on Wellbutrin and I actually liked it. I don't know how I talked my doctor into Celexa really...I was drinking a lot so I started to have anxiety problems, social anxiety too and the doc told me it looked like I was having a hard time focusing too...so we somehow ended up with Celexa so he could make me happy about my anxiety complaints...even though the anxiety was probably caused by the alcohol dependence the I somehow managed to leave out of our sessions for 5 years. lol

Now that I doubled the dose, the drowsiness probably increased too...I'll have to schedule an appt. with my doctor soon to see about this. I'd hate to switch anti-depressants in winter but maybe there's some sort of smooth transition he could have in mind.
Thanks for the responses and it's good to hear others have visited Zombieland on Celexa too. lol And thanks for that info mattcake79 about it brushing with histamine receptors...I don't need any of that!

Hi ho, off to the doc I go. lol