Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
HopingToBeSober

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
I can relate. I had severe anxiety as well. Turns out for me that the alcohol was triggering my anxiety. I would drink to relieve the anxiety, when in reality the drinking was causing my anxiety. Vicious cycle. Now after having been in recovery for over two years, my anxiety is gone and I have found so much joy in living a sober life. I got sober at 28, and am now 31. So we are close to the same age.

I would suggest finding a support system and taking things one day at a time. Just don't drink TODAY, and do the same thing tomorrow, and the next day, etc.

I promise, a better life awaits you if you give it time to experience it. We didn't get here over night, and it won't get perfect over night but over time you will see the real joy in life.

Best wishes to you. Keep reading here and reaching out for help.
I suspected this as well. I sometimes think about when my panic attacks/anxiety started, it was when I started drinking regularly. Looking back, it was probably the drinking that caused my anxiety in the first place! It's just ridiculous when you think about it - craving the very thing that has caused you so much misery, and then spending money to purchase it. That is literally madness. Alcohol should be illegal and it still baffles me why it still remains legal. Life is funny aint it? Or maybe not. Jesus