View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ColetteTocca

Originally Posted by TCB5568 View Post
...seems how I was sexually abused by an Uncle. Now I'm extra cautious with my 6 yr. Old lil girl and my 1 1/2 yr. Old baby girl. My AH tells our son that all women are stupid and even tells our daughter to get her hands out of his pockets and u women always trying to steal my money! He calls our kids dumb asses and idiots....

TCB5568

If you stay in this situation you will be duplicating the same experience for your children that you endured as a child. You state that although your parents were not abusive, but they were neglectful since they didn't protect your from an abuser in the family. Sound familiar?

Also, your husband and his hatred of women is victimizing your daughters AND your son! He is teaching that women mean nothing and are worthless and are to be abused. How is this any different than what your uncle perpetrated against you?

Your son deserves to be protected as much as your daughters. Studies show that the messages your son is being taught by his father are how abusers and perpetrators are made. Do you want to someday see your son treat women the way your husband treats women? Do you want your daughters to grow up to marry abusers or become neglectful mothers? Stay in this situation and I can guarantee it will happen.

PLEASE get to a dv shelter for help. There are many women who are dealing with what your are dealing with. They can give you counseling (along with your kids) and help you get a plan in place for leaving. You DON'T have to live this way and neither do your children!

Last edited by Seren; 01-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.