View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

I think that I started to drink because it was just what everyone around me did and because of depression/confidence issues, but then I started to drink on a daily basis because i moved to somewhere new, was depressed, lonley and uncomfortable in social situations. then I continued to drink after I no longer considered myself depressed as I had worked out a majority of my issues not all but the major ones, because I liked it and I was accustumed to it at that point, it was what I did, a part of who I was, I was a drinker. Now that I was not what I would consider depresed, I had and have some issues sure but who dosent, I continued to drink and depend on drinking for "normalcy" or what I considered normal anyway. This progressed until I was drinking when innapropriate to do and it has started to cause problems in my life that even I had noticed and didn't like. Then I read about the progression of this addiction and it made me realize that i might have a problem. I tried to quit and failed and this proved to me that I have a problem. So I think that it is time that I say good bye to the old friend that has become a bad hanger on, I don't need you anymore, in fact, I never did, I just wanted you around, but now I don't, goodbye.

Random thought for the day, I was starting to think about drinking this evening and just wanted to say something about it.

INH