Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sprman24

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
And otherwise he was romantic and charming, all what a girl wants.

and therein lies the myth, the hook.....romance and charm....these are not lasting attributes, they are shiny sparkly empty gestures...what is by far more meaningful, long lasting and telling is the CORE of the person, beliefs, values, ethics. how their history translates to their present.... did they leave a lot of wreckage? or did they steadfastly remain constant throughout their story? if you take away the flowers, and the compliments and the sex, are they still someone you could just hang with, no makeup, ratty ass t-shirt, watching some b-movie on the couch, eating pizza? when you disassemble all the artifice and affect, is there anything left?
With my ABF now u mean? Oh sure, there is. That loving charming thing, is over long time ago. Like in every realtionship, those things don't last forever. It made me fall for him in the beginning for sure, because I never had a boyfriend before, who would do all that for me. And he did.
No he has lots a good things, what makes me still love him. We have also lots in common, kinda same childhood as well. Which kinda made as bond as well. There is something between us.
To see lots of it right now, because everything is in the shadow of his addiction, and lots of things changed the last half year. Since he got kicked out of the Army to the bad.