Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sprman24

I go to Al Alanon. Because this town is so small here a basically just 2 meetings a week. One I can go to, because its fits in my schedule. The others is at noon, and I work. So once a week is all what I can do.
I don`t agree, that his recovery is none of my business at all. Sorry to say so. I know I can`t pressure him into anything and I stopped all those talks with him, already a while ago. But I also don`t have to put up with him when he is drunk. Still if I want to keep the relationship, then it is my business, if he starts AA again, how he is doing. Relationships with an addict or not, are about sharing. Thats my opinion. If his life woudn`t be my business at all, then I wouldn`t need a relationship. Would be same, if i would be with a non alcoholic and he wouldn`t work and lives with me. Makes no money etc. I would kick him out sooner or later as well. I`m not a homelessshelter. I would even set then an ultimatum.
With him i didn`t set an ultimatum, i just told him in order to be with me, he has to be sober and go to AA. I think that`s clear. If he doesn`t want to, he can feel free to move on. I know he wouldn`t come far, since he really would sooner or later be on the street. I would guess in around 2 month. And then he has to make a choice anyways. Because no money, no booze, no job no apartment etc. In his case it is just that simple.