View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

Dear sprman24,

Welcome to you, glad you are here.

I think it's really hard for some people, I know it was for me, when a friend was in a bad relationship and asked for advice, you give advice and they ignore it, they whine and bitch about the significant other all the time, you say, buck up, treat yourself right, and they still ignore you. For me I had to distance myself from those people because their drama aggravated my own fragile emotional state.

As a child I was the victim of physical, verbal, emotional, and sexual abuse (family and stranger), my mother is an alcoholic (40+ years), my dad is a serial cheater, it was hard for me to listen to people who had the option to just walk away from an abusive relationships, who would do nothing to help themselves.

Also, some people are just not capable of empathy, many times I think this is because they just absolutely cannot relate to your circumstances, you hear these idiots say "I know how you feel" they eqaute the loss of their gerbil to the loss of your parent. Other I believe have know idea what it really means to be a friend, I have so many aquaintances, there are very few people who I know would be there when it hit the fan.

There are people on this site that I consider friends and family, they have been there when I really really needed them, I have shared things here that my "acquaintances" would recoil from.

Please come back often, if you want to vent or talk, need a hug or some propping up, I will be there for you.

Best of luck to you,

Bill

My dad had the nerve to equate my sexual assaults by a stranger and my cousin to a gay man trying to pick him up in a bar. I just sputtered at him, "how can you even begin to compare the sexual assault of a child with a pickup line in a bar".