View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
3 weeks, Its outpatient, and It was just of people trying to get out of going to prison. It seemes I was the only voluntary person there. I just wish I could afford REAL rehab, thats all I really want.
I havent been through rehab myself Dom...... but I can tell you what every person I know who went through rehab AND has stayed continuously sober has told me: rehab is great, it's actually quite fun, you learn a lot and it's nice to have others around you who are in the same boat.......but once you walk out, rehab is over. Without a commitment to SOME sort of plan of recovery (ie, don't leave the same mind that got you to where you are to figure the rest of your life out), be it AA, SMART, or whatever, recovery ends when rehab ends.

Absolutely, many many ppl need medically supervised detox... no question. But if we're talking about you getting sober and living that way for the rest of your life, why not get involved in AA, RR, SMART, maybe a church group.......whatever......and start working on that. As Keith touched on, AA is by far the biggest, oldest and has had the most successes. I frickin' hated AA......until I went.......and the only reasons I went were because I didn't want to fake court ordered aa sheets for 2 years and because I was prettymuch out of alternatives and my life just hurt........a lot of the time. I had finally burned up all the alternatives too AA and it was the last thing available..... I wasted a lot of time....you don't have to do it that way though.

Really......please....... come join us. You've got a 100% shot at absolutely getting past all that crap that's knocking you around. You've got a 100% chance of having a MUCH better life. And you've got a 100% chance at recovering fully from untreated alcoholism....... -- and yes...it works, it's worked in the passed, it's working now and it's guaranteed.