View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BlueMoon
once in a . . .

OH! I am so sorry the people you thought were your friends treated you that way! You deserve so much better than that!

YES those kinds of things have happened to me in the past. They REALLY hurt my feelings. It REALLY HURT to have people I thought were my friends judge someone I cared about – even if he was an alcoholic, I still cared.

How did I handle it? Well, I cried a lot. I actually yelled at 1 or 2 of them because I was so angry and hurt. But I finally had to decide that people who would treat me that way weren’t really my friends at all. I learned how to just ignore the MEAN “ADVICE” they would try to give me. I met new people who liked me just because I’m ME.

I’m happy to hear you’re giving Al-anon a try! I’ve met some great people there – people who understand and who WON’T judge.

Don’t beat yourself up with thoughts like “well I should have done this or I should have done that”. We all do the best we can at any given point in time. What you did was just right for YOU. I don’t think that we ever have to explain ourselves to our REAL FRIENDS.

I’m glad you’re here! Keep posting!
Best Wishes!!

Blue