View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 02:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ryan1983

Valium helps but it can be extremely addicting, and since we are all probably addicts it's not a good idea. Don't know if you know much about benzo withdrawals but they suck, might be worse then opiate, maybe not worse but different, the depression can be worse then the opiate withdrawals and they can take a long time to hit you. Being as far as you are now without having used valium I would encourage you to keep going without them. It can take weeks, months or even years to be back to "normal" I would do everything you can to stay with the cold turkey approach, you already made it through the toughest physical parts now give your body a chance to recover then maybe go to a doctor if the anxiety is still there and see if they can help you with it. One of my biggest problems was thinking that I was a doctor, if my back hurt go get oxy, if I can't sleep go get benzo's, subs when I need to get off oxy, etc, etc, I am by no means a doctor, and being an addict, my brain is going to be a little bias when diagnosing my symptoms. Bottom line, try and keep fighting the good fight with no drugs, if you think your anxiety is going to be a problem talk to a doctor.