Thread: Christmas Blues
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Yes, I've got 23 years of sobriety behind me but I'm finding it a bit tough too this year Not that I'm tempted to drink. It's the lonely feeling, the fact that the children are not here. My one son is out in Minnesota and the other son down in New York. We have a grandchild up here in Massachusetts. She lives with my son's ex wife and we haven't received a card or phone call from her or from our granddaughter. Not that she's angry with us, just that she's so possessive that she doesn't want to share her child with us. So we don't see them much. So we're here with the dog. And the dog supplies all the love. He's very good at that. If you want love then get a dog. Thats what Harry Truman used to say. Old Harry knew a thing or two.
I hope we can make it to 2012 as soon as possible. It's like a holiday hump in the road. And even worse for folks who might be tempted to drink. I know that if I started to do that I'd be spending New Years Day in the detox unit. No way to ring in the New Year.
Anyway, every good wish to all of you out there. Hang in there. If you do it's going to get better. It sure is not easy but there's a lot of sunlight at the top of the hill.

W. :day6