View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
arlie23

Well I was suprised I had so many comments today! Thank you for all of them. I have to say some were a little hard to hear (about the drinking and driving, others were a little more uplifting, but all were true. My son was not in the car with me, I was alone, having gotten in a fight with my husband and decided to drive around while finishing off a bottle. I have never thought that much about my drinking and driving, but you are all right about the harm it could cause. I do not usually binge drink, but the problem is drinking and then suddenly realizing I drank to much, at which point you can't turn back. I had a talk last night with my husband, and I was suprised to realize just how much he had noticed, but that he hadn't wanted to confront me. He is very worried about me, and now insists on driving everywhere we go, even though I have not been drinking heavily. (I KNOW having any drinks means I shouldn't drive however!). I like to think I would NEVER do anything to hurt my son, but then when you are drinking you don't think. And I know he will get to an age where he will notice. I DO want help, and I DO want to stop. I think for the first time I have come to the realization that I have to COMPLETELY stop. Something I never wanted to admit before. I always wanted to be able to socially drink, and drink on special occasions, or when I went out. But I realize now I have to STOP. I have thought of quitting for a month, and then trying to start just drinking socially or only when I go out. Is this impossible? Has anyone done this? Once again, thanks for all the helpful posts! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!