View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
langkah

Congrats on not getting the 20 dewys, that would have probably ended your drinking long ago, as well as some other things. Someone who drinks that recklessly would surely have other interesting experiences along the line. Perhaps start thinking about what did happen to you drinking instead of the trouble you may have missed.

Most of the alcoholics that I know who are sober in AA never collected a dui and many others did, it matters not.

If you can drink without trouble or bad effects then why stop? If your drinking is bad then do stop. If you can't do that on your own then seek the level of help you need to make that happen.

Should you delay or avoid getting effective help for your alcoholism then at least please don't drive through my neighborhood during your next drunken blackout tour. There's always lots of kids outside running around, and there's a few of them I actually like a little.

My drinking was like yours, and I found doing all the AA stuff a very rewarding and effective way to stay sober. I was already 6 years sober when you were born. My kid got sober when you were 13. You may find your baby will one day also follow your example.

And what will your example be?