Thread: Here I go again
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

Hello Emily and welcome. I'm 31 as well. Posting here may be a bit scary at first but this is a judgment free zone. Congrats on facing your deamons again. Remember to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'm not sure if you're hooked on your girlfriend's perscriptions enough that you'll experience withdrawls. I suppose my best advice is to really sit back and accept that you've made a mistake and work on becoming the person you want to be. If you think you can, you may want to come clean about it and ask her to hide her medication or lock it away while you get your head straight. If not, just try to believe in yourself and your inner strength. You are the only person in the world strong enough to influence your addiction. Practice the skills you learned in rehab every day. When we get lazy in our recovery seems to be when our addictions rear their ugly heads again. Are you on meds? If so, are you taking them as you should be? If not, do you think you may need to see a psychiatrist (sp?) to see if you need to be on anything? Give yourself all the help avaliable to you. Take advantage of it. Keeping quiet and not sharing problems never helped anyone gain some measure of control over their disease.