Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Panda13

Since I Have No More Holiday Plans With My Addict Ex-BF, What Should I Do Now?

I've been given the strength to end my long term relationship with my boyfriend. After finding out that he'd been using (weed and alcohol), hiding it from me and everyone else that loves him, I knew that from reading some of the stories on SR would give me some good advice on how to start my recovery.

Although I've been given this strength and are finding it easier as the days go by to keep moving on, the holidays are making it that much harder to do so. Him and I had made all these plans for X-Mas and New Years and it makes me feel that much more alone. We planned on doing something with each others family. We were going to spend New Years telling each other the entire day what we want to accomplish on our own and together in the New Year, having a somewhat fresh start.

Now that all of that isn't going to happen, what's the best way to distract myself on X-Mas and New Years aside from spending time with my family? I still care about his parents so should I still call them to wish them happy holidays? How do I handle the holidays this year?

Any input is always appreciated.

Last edited by Panda13; 12-23-2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: title change