View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi there TrueReligion45!

Well, lucky you, here I am in the middle of the night unable to sleep! Lol.

What a great thing to discover your proclivity for opiate abuse while you are still so young!

This gives you tremendous advantage, whether you recognize it or not. Many of us came to this realization only after destroying careers that took our whole lives to build. Even though you talk about good jobs coming and going, blasting through good money you could have used better elsewhere, these are things that could be life changing later on, and not in a good way. So this is great news!

I'm serious. Seriously serious. Yes, it's the middle of the night where I am, but I am awake, and I mean it. If I had known what you already know now about my OWN proclivity for opiate abuse, maybe I would have avoided what happened to me. As it is, I have maybe 20 more years of productivity left in me before I am dead, and I have to do it after having napalmed my life with opiates. My addiction surrounded "legitimate" use before and after orthopedic surgery, but it matters little what brought us here.

What to expect now? You'll be sick for a couple of weeks. You're already 6 days into detox, so the drug is out of your system. But you will be extremely lethargic for probably a month. You're young, so you may not suffer much else. Us older folks take longer I think. For me, it took 3 months to feel anywhere near normal. 6 months to feel good. And now, at a year, I'm still regaining my stamina.

I'd suggest reading through some of the withdrawal threads (lots here) to see what else to expect. Or ask questions. But read the stories here. There are many. Many successes, some relapses, some devastating stories, some triumphs. All worth reading.

Good luck. Good to see you here. You CAN put opiates behind you, hopefully for good.

FT