Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Krass

New here

Hello everyone. Last night I had a bit of a realization that I've got an alcohol problem. I have been drinking daily for the last couple years. Drinking heavily a lot of those days. Like 10-15 beers a nights.

Sometime last year I started feeling an uncomfortable dull ache in the area of my liver. I went to the dr had a couple ultrasounds, and he was able to see fatty infiltration, but all the liver enzyme scores came back 'normal'. I figured that meant everything was fine and kept drinking every single day.

My work provided a free blood test as part of a health initiative, and I actually got to see the scores. AST was within range, it was in the high part, but within normal, and my ALT was a little elevated at 64.

So here we are today. The feeling in the area of my liver is getting worse, never really painful, just a more severe dull ache, and I've been bruising easily for as long as I remember, now I'm starting to FREAK about cirrhosis. I have a long history of drug use, and am really concerned that something I've ingested in the past has done some serious harm.

I've brought all these things up to my doctor, and he hasn't seem all to concerned other than advising me to stop drinking so much.

This was mostly to get my story out there and some support in the coming weeks of hoped for sobriety. But I also have a question. Did anyone else have the dull ache, easy bruising issues, and being slightly itchy? Someone who's gone through the same thing and has their issues subside after being sober for a while would really put my mind at ease.

Thanks!
Krass