View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Skylar had surgery a couple of weeks ago to remove a growth on the edge of his ear that is benign but he sure has been "Itchy" with the stitches. They are healed and he goes in next week to have them out. He continues to improve with his Thyroid supplement and after the last blood test they cut his dose in half from twice a day to once. He continues to lose the excess weight slowly but surely and his smile and attitude is back. Maggie sure is happy her playmate is playing again too. I taught her to jump and twirl when she is asked if she wants to go for a walk and she is a little athlete. If she were Skylar's size she would be jumping over my head! Skylar was trained to sit and wait at the door for a walk, but he was never as high energy as Maggie is. Both are obedience trained on and off leash and most of our walks they are off leash on our property and as funny as it sounds they both think it is a special treat when I put on their collars and use a leash. They both strut proudly! Look at me, I am with daddy! They still heel without one but it seems that is a security thing for them. Both are jumpy this time of year as we live in the country and hunters are all around us and the closer shots make them want to run for the house! They run to me and lean against me. What a couple of wusses.

I am glad to read all of the wonderful stories all of you share here, I especially liked your story about Daisy White Knuckles, the one about her holding off the aggressive dogs. We have a problem here too, as there is a leash law, but people think they can just let theirs run loose and I am chasing two neighbor dogs off that I know aren't taken to a vet let alone have their shots. These dogs come and do their thing right at the head of our front walk, even though there is five acres to choose from here, they go there and not at their own property. I guess I will have to call animal control to pick them up and make their owners go get them if they want them. I have already talked to one and that lasted all of two weeks. I have found a booby trap that I will use next spring. It is a solar powered motion detector switch. A water hose is attached and when there is movement it turns on a rotating sprinkler where you adjust it to. No harm and I'll probably get some good funny videos from it. Especially when the deer come up to the house.

I don't want to hurt them. But the health risk to mine is very real. I have a large fenced back yard not to keep them in, but to keep the others out and unable to get to them. Pics of the fenced yard and the pups are in my profile in the picture album.

Merry Christmas all that are blessed by having their furkids and the memories they make to keep us straight.