View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
philb
Bound and Determined

Thanks everyone for your posts and happy Wednesday...I hope everyone is going to get a nice long and deserved weekend this week. Those statistics are unusual. Maybe its just that I have been around other people that drink most of my lifetime. I've found that outside of AA nearly everyone drinks that I know...if not a glass of wine or cocktail afterwork...at least here and there. I think teetotalers are a fairly rare commmodity. However, that just might be in the highly alcoholized world that I grew up around and not be in line with the reality norm.

Miela I'm so sorry your relationship can veer into abuse. I'm certainly no psychologist or capable of giving psychological advice. I know in my own relationship, its not abusive....however we have a pattern that when a dispute arises we go around and around and around in circles....nothing gets accomplished except getting angrier. We're learning when that pattern emerges to "step away" for awhile. Separate, go for a walk individually, visit a friend, go to an AA meeting.....think...then revisit the issue with a clear head. Do you have an outlet when things are veering out of control. Can you get away? Go someplace else....at least temporarily? Stay well!

Gerboskso, those were excellent comments you made....if there was a psychology portion of your exam I bet you scored 100%! Take care everyone.

Tanja thanks too for your wondeful thoughts as always