Thread: Breathe....
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sotiredofitall

Breathe....

Hubby has been sober since the 15th of November. He has been attending meetings once a week, I'm not sure if he is doing this for me or for himself.
Tonite he called to see how things were at home. I had to have my horse put down yesterday, so this was a very thoughtful thing. The conversation turned to his day and he had had an employee give notice. She was a great asset to our company and she will be missed greatly. The conversation continued to the fact that his weekly meeting was tonite. He kinda asked me if I thought he should keep going? HuH?????Why are you asking me?? In looking back at it I'm wondering if he was looking to me to give him permission to quit? It scared me, frankly. This sober thing has gone so easily for him.....or has it? I'm thinking the demons are just beginning to rear their ugly heads. I'm trying very hard not to be codependant with his disease. Not an easy task as I was raised with an A father. Can just use some words of wisdom and a bit of perspective......