View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

AD is out of jail...

I didn't answer the first day that she tried to call me because Mom had given me a heads up she was out, and to be honest, I wasn't ready to talk to her.

When I did answer, it was the same old same old. Blame everywhere else but on her. She had the audacity to ask if she could come along for our family Christmas gathering, and if I could stop and pick up the grandkids too? There is a no contact order in place in regard to her daughter, and she lost custody of her over this last mess.

I told her that was not going to happen. She thinks the no contact order is a joke, and that she is going to talk to the social worker and have it lifted. Meanwhile, the dad/stepmom are following the letter of the law and working very hard with my granddaughter, who has been profoundly influenced and affected by her mother's disease.

No, she will not be at our gathering this year, and that is a consequence of her actions/behaviors/attitudes.

I will have a nice day on Christmas, heading to an all-you-can eat buffet with my folks and a movie afterwards (I think we are going to see War Horse).

I hope all of you are able to detach from the addicts/alcoholics in your life and have a happy holiday too!