View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hangin

Addicted to everything

My story: I used to like the very occasional pain pill when one was available. Then I got married and forgot about it. No big deal. Then, about 9 years ago, at age 32, I started having back problems. They prescribed Hydros. The back pain became more and more frequent, and so did the Hydros. Soon I started liking them, and of course abusing them. My 30 day scrip lasted 3 weeks, with 1 week of he'll and scrounging. Then 2 weeks, and then 1 week, with 3 weeks of he'll and scrounging. Tolerance hit and soon it was Percs. Same process with them. Fast forward to now, age 41. Monthly scrips for MS Contin, Percs, Hydros, and Lyrica (which I abuse the **** out of). Of course, abuse em all, run out early, and then suffer and scrounge. Met Roxys in 2008 and loved them WAY too much. When they did nothin for me, I was spending $600 a day to just not dry out. Got introduced to snorting them to get around tolerance. When I came off them, I wanted to be dead. If I didnt have a wife and children that I love dearly, I'm sure I would be. I now abuse ambien bc I couldn't sleep. I am slipping further down the slope and I am scared. I'm still on my pain meds and I simply can't control myself. I can't control myself with any of it. And then when I use mine up, I'm out scrounging and really suffering. And I still have the chronic back pain, so I can't just quit. HELP please!