Thread: Hurt & Confused
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jwl3kl

Hurt & Confused

I was an enabling husband to an alchoholic for last three years (we have been married for 12). On October 12th she totaled my truck after a liquid lunch and admitted herself into a rehab clinic for their 28 day inpatient program. After just a week and a half she was going to Saturday meetings at 8 PM and not coming home until 3 AM. She stopped communicating her where abouts after 11 PM. The first time I stayed up and when she got home she did not have even the slightest scent of alchohol on her breath. She was at roommate from rehabs parents house (the girl is just 19 and is recovering at her parents home). We talked about better communication, she apologized and said she would try to not do it again. The very next Saturday she did exactly the same thing. This time, upset, I did not talk to her about it until Monday afternoon. She quickly took a stance saying that I was too controlling and that she need to be an independant woman and needed to be around her sober friends. (This is ironic since I rarely drink and never do drugs) She immediately went from seeming happy with our marraige and our family (we have two children, ages 5 & 7) to quitting on us in a heart beat. I asked her to slow down and rationalize and I asked her if marraige counciling was an option and she said no way. She is "finding her true me" and is unhappy and says she needs to be happy. Her three friends from rehab have consumed all off her time now. She wants me to move out and is being very pushy about it even though I have no transportation due to the fact that she totaled my truck. Her mother has tried to talk sense into her as well, but she will not budge. We went from a happy couple to this in less than a two day spen. Is this common behavior from someone readjusting? I am so lost and confused. My heart is broken and my 7 year old is sensing it and has become hurt. Please, any help would be great.