Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ButterflyMan

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
Tyler, let me take a wild shot in the dark here. When you drink you get sort of a warm glow, you're totally at peace, your mind seems to expand, your brain can wander off into all kind of fantasies, your inhibitions vanish and all things seem possible. When you wake up the next day all of that seems to vanish, the warm glow is replaced with a sense of impending doom. Noises seem louder, you have a constant subliminal anxiety, you're restless, irritable, something is direly wrong with the world. You can't get comfortable, can't focus, you're now a depressed anxious mess. That's the merry-go-round that you get on with alcohol. You buy the ticket, you take the ride.
I know this was directed at the OP but actually scary just how SPOT ON this is to where I was 6 months ago.

It is so strange how when we drink we all feel we are in a unique scenario but the truth is we all went/go through the exact same motions. We are not special when it comes to alcohol addiction which I think is a good thing. If other people are able to do this, to beat this problem, then we are too.

Take note Tyler, we have been where you are. The long termers are living proof that it can be done.