Thread: Making progress
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CamilleBelle

Making progress

So, I had my last appointment with my addiction therapist before my big move this morning and he said I have made a ton of progress! Not necessarily with the quitting aspect... (tho he agrees with all of you that me setting a quit date at the 1st is just my way of continuing to drink, which, maybe it is... but I have my mind set on it, so I wont get in to that)

BUT, more progress with understanding what is happening and where I want to be with my life. His jaw literally dropped when I told him I went to two meetings... I have been anti-AA since I started seeing him 4 months ago, and he says it shows I am getting more comfortable with who I am, and the changes that will be taking place.

I am an Alcoholic. Period. and if you had asked me that 4 moths ago, I would have laughed and said "no freaking way! I just like drinking!" He said for a 27 year old, I am lucky to be realizing the problem now... before I've had any major negative consequences!

It feels good to finally admit I have a problem, and I know It will feel soooooo much better when I commit to my sobriety. I'm not drinking today. maybe not tomorrow, but once the 1st comes... it's go time!!

Lastly... my therapist recommended Campral for when I quit... anyone have success with it? Just curious!

And thanks for all your support! It's is so helpful, and my therapist says I'm the first client who has made him think that an internet site can be helpful with treatment. (yes, I talk about this site... actually Rave about this site!) So, thanks again!