Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post

Because of my saying No...you need to get into recovery and here is a list of places...my son left jail and moved back to his meth Dad's across the country.
I swear sometimes, our own egos are the enemy. In the 2 years you have had custody of him, he received an education, a car, motorcycle, food, clothing, a roof over his head, gym membership, cell phone, counseling and attention. Despite this, he chose to get involved with heroin, meth and cocaine. He was ( is?) dealing drugs. ( How this kid got from Nevada to Georgia without money is a mystery) He stole from you and you found a shotgun in his car.

There's more here than could be reasonably addressed by a $15K stint in rehab gift from your mom.

Allowing anyone who is into the combo of the big 3 drugs with easy access to firearms and the people and lifestyle associated with it inside their home is luancy, not compassion.

Your son had /has choices. He is not ready to make an investment into his own future. Instead, he chose to skip town and in doing so ensured a warrant would be issued for his arrest should he return to Nevada.

There are millions of homeless adults out there including gainfully employed people. Not all of them are involved in drugs or crimes. Despite their dire circumstances, many make better choices each and every day.

It sounds like your son persists with this fantasy of a life without consequences. Nothing short of kidnapping him and tying him down was going to prevent him from living life as he saw fit to do.