Thread: An Honest Plea
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rangel

An Honest Plea

What drinking has done to me is awful. I have become so depressed and used at as a crutch for so long its disgusting. People have been saying I have had a problem for a while, but I didn't want to believe them. A medical doctor told me to stop drinking, but I kept doing it anyways.

I've hurt a girl I really liked because of my drinking, I developed anxiety. I didn't pay my taxes or bills or get my car fixed so I could keep going out drinking. I took advantage of people while I was drinking. All I wanted to do for quite some time is drink.

I just now have stopped. I think it's day 3 or 4 of my life without drinking. The amount of relationships I have ruined because of my drinking, and every time I've tried to quit I have started again.

I would go to gay bars, not because I was gay, but because I knew they would make the strongest drinks. I have tried to quit on several occasions, but my self control always got the best of me. I even started stealing money so I could go out to drink.

Or, every time I would give it up, I would make up for it when I started again.

I joined this forum in hopes of getting support and bringing my life back together. Back to who I was. The last three years I have been nothing but drunk. I am hoping this forum will help me move forward.

Thanks for listening.