Thread: New Saturday
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SomethingBetter

Thanks everyone,

Well, it’s Sunday, I sit here with my coffee in hand and the peace and quiet of the morning, not even my dogs are moving much yet.

I don’t talk much about my dogs but I have 2 pretty cool dogs, a female Chihuahua and a female Yellow Lab, there both about 8 years old. Improving their quality of life is a top priority these days, it’s hard to think back at how much I have neglected them.

The walks and feeding time I am a part of now and it’s so great to make sure there taken care of properly instead of being the selfish person I was for so many years, I still have a long ways to go but things are definitely getting better.

I choose my screen name one drunken night; I was no different than anyone here that comes looking in a moment of desperation, ending up drunk again knowing I did not want to live that way, I wanted Something Better, a better life.

I was a lifelong drinker that kept promising to quit only to be drinking again that night or soon after (‘and there I was again, Drunk…’), those days are over, I pray for every person seeking sobriety to know this peace.