View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LookingUp23

Question Trying to decide what to do.

It's weird, I can't decide what I need to do in terms of alcohol... It seems like I go through stages of drinking heavily and then not drinking much at all. I spend about 10 weeks, a few months back, drinking heavily every day/night and blacking out regularly. During that time, I've passed out at bars or driven home drunk and made some really bad decisions in other areas of my life.

But It certainly hasn't all gone downhill, I'm at point right now where I drink only 2 drinks in the evening (if I drink), and have been pretty successful with moderate drinking. But I'm still a little scared that I'm going to go back to heavy drinking.

I can't figure out if I'm just abusing alcohol during those periods, or if I'm an alcoholic and need to quit completely to avoid having these bad episodes again.

For the past few months, I've felt really in control, especially compared to my seriously alcoholic roommate (drunk every night). But earlier this week, he went into a drunk violent rage during which I had to call the police. He's leaving immediately to avoid legal trouble, and everyone is ok, but it gave me a good glimpse at how destructive things can get when alcohol is in the picture...

So I'm just wondering if anyone has any good advice from here? What are some "alcoholic" signs I should look for? I've looked at these forums in the past when I was worried about my drinking, and everyone seemed so knowledgeable and supportive

Thanks everyone.