View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chronsweet

I AM the bad person

Apparently I am a horrible and trying to be cunning and sly because I told my ABF that I do not like the way his mom treats me, and I don't really want to plan my sons bday party with her involved after the latest barage of communication I received from her. I am going to post a convo and PLEASE i would like some advice on if I was out of line or not in blocking her from texting and calling me.

I had texted her early in the day to determine if I should get my ABF's brother a gift card. This is the exchange that happened after that.

K = ABF mom M=ABF and I=my son

K: Yes Starbucks or a Kcup 4 at home. Can I call u at 3 ur time please? I want 2 discuss Xmas stuff, thnx!

Me: I am wrkn at 3 … pretty busy today. what kind of xmas stuff u gotta discuss maam?

K: Name drawing, day we can all get 2gether b4 Christmas. I was thinking of cookn 4 u guys at mikes on sat 17th. I haven’t talked 2 u in 2 weeks, what if I call u @ 6pm yr time?

Me: after the labor day incidence i don’t feel comfortable making definitive plans ..
Sidenote: We made plans and we actually extended the time to later in the day for her. It was RAINING outside at the beach and so we were trying to accommodate HER plans (once again). I also went out and bought ALL the food for her plans.

K: That is y i want to actually talk 2 u! After know u 4 four years and u Never asking about how I feel after having major knee surgery & Not talking 2 me for a few weeks that is your kind of response(the day of her surgery I did call and DID NOT know she had had it. She answered the phone whining and so I asked what was wrong. We talked FIRST about her which I had NO problem with. I also told my ABF .. her son .. to call her because she just had her surgery..but alas .. i SUCK? First of all, if u would have had surgery, i would have sent u a card & flowers & called! I do that 4 Jims mom, he doesn’t. M & M (her 2 sons) at least called & asked how I was & mike got me a present. I am only going 2 b in Ca 4 three days in december & I want to make sure that I see Izaiah 2 give him his presents.(I have never NOT let her see her ONLY grandson, not one time and I actually usually drop him off for HER He is my only grandchild, prob the only 1 I will ever have. I am didn’t even get to attend the picnic that I planned on Labor Day. I def don’t want a repeat of that either!!! I def. can be upset about that 2; but I am trying to 2 b zen now so I am over it. This way Me I want2. It hurts my feelings, so hopefully we can clear the air at 6pm yr time. Do you know when Tom is coming out?

Me: I tlkd to u the day of ur surgery .. remember? have a good day K.

K: No, u called to talk about I being upset after being at the babysitters, and I was concerned about him and u asked 4 my advice & then I mentioned I just had surgery. U did not call 2 c how I was, it just came up in the conversation. I will just talk 2 M. U have a good day 2.

Me: I am not going to argue w/ u. I tlkd to u the day of ur surgery .. didn’t even knw u had it .. whn I found out we def tlkd about ur surgery first. I repeat … i am not arguing. I am srry if u cant accept the answr i gave u. have a good day k.

K: I can accept it. I just really hope U read the book i got u cuz it helps u know yourself & understand empathy 4 yrself & others. I have people that are not as close 2 me that have shown much more concern and I am trying 2 show u compassion. Which I did when yr bro was accusing u of losing his keys, etc. I do not know y u won’t talk 2 me instead of text bc texts can be misconstrued.
I should have empathy for her alcoholic son???? I should have empathy because I didn't for 3.5 years while I supported him and then GOT HIM A JOB??? I should have empathy for someone who calls me a wh)re, evil, etc etc etc???? Where the HECK is my empathy .. sigh .. i digress

Me: Pls quit txtn me

K: U texted me first so please quit texting me!

Me: Pls quit txt me

K: I do NOT want 2 text. I wanted 2 talk but u won’t. NO more texting from my end!

Please some advice. This woman is my BEST friend when I just go along with the status quo. When I bring up ABF's drinking and the problems it causes or try to let her know that I don't feel like I should be at her beck and call because she visits 10 times a year for varying lengths of time (up to 2 weeks), she FLIPS OUT!

Blah.