Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hungover12

What do you do when all that you did was drink

What to do when all you did was drink?

Hello everyone,

Let me tell you a little about my current situation/struggles. Signing up to this website is the first thing I have done to reach out for support...

This will be my first post so bear with me please. I am 22 and have been drinking heavily for maybe 10 years. It all started when I was probably a freshman in high school, it’s just what we all did socially. Whisky, vodka, and rum shots are mostly what we would prefer to drink. Back then I never blacked out though, which is not the case today.

Now a days I feel like I black out more often than I do not. Once the whisky is flowin, theres no stoppin us till the bottle is gone...then we'll go back to the LQ store. Sometimes I am really mean to my boyfriend for no reason, or cause a problem when I am intoxicated. Then the next day I wake up so miserable, ashamed, depressed, and humiliated because I do not even remember what I did to embarrass myself.

My boyfriend tells me, “ You were fine you didn’t so anything wrong, your over reacting because you were fine last night.” But I know that sometimes I act like a total fool but honestly I am just sick of being so out of control!

I go to school full time now and live with my boyfriend of 4 years, and I love him so much, because he is an amazing person all aroung. But he also drinks. He likes to drink beer and as well as occasional shots. My boyfriend does not want to quit drinking like I do right now.

My dad drinks way too much with his wife of ten years. My older sister and her boyfriend drink way too much, and I think she may be a sociopath as well, which has been difficult to handle on my own. All of our friends drink most of the time as well.

My question to you is:
How do you not drink when everyone around you is, and that's all you do? Should I lay low for a while and do my own thing?

Especially when holidays and birthdays are coming up?

Lately I have just been staying home or being the DD to stay away from the alcohol.

Last edited by hungover12; 12-09-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling