View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
phyl

I read your message. I am not young like you, but my husband will not quit doing coke. I myself am a recovering addict. I have been clean and sober for over 6 years. Right now he is lying and hasn't even gone to work for a couple of days. I have been threatening to leave now and I know he's scared. He has spent time in jail in the past and will surely end up there again if I leave. My leaving is complicated as I have no money. I have a sister and cousin who will help me, but not if I stay with him. This morning he asked how long it would take for him to get into this local psychiatric hospital which also deals with drug addiction. In fact when I got clean I went there to detox and then did a day treatment program. This disease is so strong that I would say most people don't get it and I consider myself lucky that I did. My husband, I think is either manic or something but refuses to see someone. I am at my wits end with him, but I know this cannot go on much longer. He has already spent part of the rent and I have to hide everything. He cashed one of my checks the other day and that's not the first time. He in the past has taken things out of this house and given them to dealers for drugs. He used to have a heroin habit, but now its just that damn coke. Don't know what to do!!!