Old 12-09-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TheTinMan

Originally Posted by stigblack View Post
I can't see anything constructive in what you just did there. Certainly wasn't any helpful advice that I could see.
Your post is neither constructive, helpful or on topic.

I'm not here to defend what Sapling posted, but I do feel Sapling's frustration. Often.

What Sapling did was break down the 1st three paragraphs showing how the OP was bashing AA and their sponsor. Sapling also pointed out that the last paragraph was an advertisement for LifeRing.

That being said I will go back to the OP and throw in my .02

CB I also attend AA. I, however, do not believe they are the be all to end all programs of recovery. You got to go what works for you. If you are disatisfied then by all means you should move on.

AA's purpose is to give hope to alcoholics. It's purpose is to help the alcoholic that suffers. You found your way into the rooms for one reason or another and I would assume with 6 months sobriety(awesome btw) that you received help. That's pretty attractive. The ideal would be to stick around and tell others your story and help them. It doesn't always work out that way. Good luck on whatever path of recovery you go down.

As for the dogma of 12 step programs, I find some of it hard to swallow myself. But, my sobriety means so much to me that if they told me I had to believe in Santa Clause I would do it.

Age wise? If I had to go to the nursing home and watch 12 people drool for two hours a day and it kept me sober and happy, then I know where I would be every day for 2 hours.

Group therapy has been proven to beneficial. You can get one on one therapy with a drug and alcohol counselor. Your sponsor is there to guide you through the steps. I enjoy spending one on one time with my sponsor too, but I enjoy group imensely.