View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hopeless4now

Thanks everyone for your insight and support. It really does mean alot. Its nice to know there are people who have been right where I am. I do realize that my statements are conflicting. My feelings are conflicting...the way I am treated is conflicting. He says he loves me and when he's sober he shows me that. We have the best time together. We make each other life and smile. I have been to Al-anon I just felt out of place. Everyone was older. I felt like they had forgotten what it was like when they started out. Are there al-anon groups online? Are ones specifically for younger people or people who don't have much experience with alcoholism?

Does anyone here know....does it get better? Is there a hope for a life together? Am I stupid and/or blind for staying and trying to make it work? It just seems everyone I talk to says to leave him.

He's not physically abusive. He's not verbally abusive. I am sure some of the ways are life seem to go due to his alcoholism may be considered emotionally abusive.

I've tried therapy on my own. My therapist just told me we both sounded like good people in a bad situation.

I want some light in all the darkness. I want a story of it working out for someone. I need tips. I am sure I am doing it all wrong and probably not helping are situation.