View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Hi hopeless4now, and welcome to SR. I'm glad you found this place. I hope you keep coming back for support.

After reading your initial post, I see some conflicting statements. First there's this:
Originally Posted by Hopeless4now View Post
I love him anyway. (snip)

I mean I truly love him with all my heart. (snip)

I want to have a future with him.
And then there's this:

Originally Posted by Hopeless4now View Post
My life is a wreck. My boyfriend is an alcoholic. He's had 3 DUIs and is continuously making irresponsible choices.
(snip)
Now it seems that I live with him my life is going down.
(snip)
He gives me empty promises.
(snip)
I feel like I can't leave but it seems self-destructive to stay.
(snip)
He shuts me out so much when it comes to his drinking.
(snip)
I would love to go to Al-anon but I feel like I can't trust him to leave him alone long enough to go.
(snip)
I make deals and I try to bargain but it never seems to get better or work.
(snip)
I feel so alone and hopeless.
So, there's this love you have for him, which I don't doubt (but I wonder what exactly you love about him), and then there are the broken promises, the lack of support and communication, feeling trapped, attempts at negotiation that fail...

Seems like it's time to take an honest look at who is invested in making the relationship work and who isn't.

I do hope you go to Al-Anon and continue reading here. You'll learn to take the focus off him, what he does or says, and start looking at the one person you can affect: YOU.

Keep coming back! Keep reading and posting as much as you like. SR is always open.